After spending the morning at an omoksee, I came home to thawed hamburger and squash I’d cooked yesterday. Everything else was born from opening the cupboard door to my canned goods. Try cooking with what you have. Creativity isn’t confined to writing and painting; bust it out in the kitchen, too.
Spicy Cheeseburger Soup with Squash
What you’ll need:
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- Milk (about 1 can full)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
What you’ll do:
- Brown the hamburger, add the soup, milk, tomatoes and squash. I used winter squash – about 2 cups, I think. I added onion powder, dried basil and salt. Oh and a dash of liquid smoke, because it was there.
- You could throw in additional spices – a little chili powder would have been nice extra kick.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve steaming hot. Eat with spoon. Fill your tummy box.