It’s pouring rain outside. Again. It’s a chilly 50 degrees. Again. If I let it, my mood would slip into Darth Vader darkness.
My counter attack is a crack of Indiana Jones’ whip and a concentrated effort on thankfulness.
Things to be thankful for:
- Coffee, and more coffee.
- Josh Abbott Band, Chris LeDoux, Bleu Edmondson.
- A forecast filled with 60s and sunshine.
- Supportive people.
- New ideas, fresh dreams.
- That dirt-digging, cow-chasing, furry friend of mine.
- Conversations. The funny ones. The hard ones. The real ones.
- Dirt (mud?) roads.
- The bigger picture.
- The process of letting go.
- Cheese! It’s a food group.
- Where I live.
- Time in the saddle.
- Capturing moments like this. –}
- Publication design. Web design. Graphic design.
- Cowboy boots.
- Manual transmissions, pickup trucks and four-wheel drive.
- Bonfires and backroads.
- Rural life. Great neighbors.
- Laughter and living.
What are you thankful for?